Why should you read this document?
During the course of dealing with us, we will ask you to provide us with personal information (Your Personal Data). This document is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with Your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Personal Data.
What do we mean by “Your Personal Data”?
Your Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to you and your personal circumstances. Your Personal Data may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date of birth, national insurance number. Your Personal Data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation, your physical and mental health history, or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
In the context of providing you with access to benefits and rewards Your Personal Data may include:
• Title, name, date of birth, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, contact details, and email address.
• You may also wish to give us information regarding your interests so we can let you know about offers that may be of interest to you.
The basis upon which our firm will deal with Your Personal Data
In order to perform that contract, and to arrange the products you require, we have the right to use Your Personal Data for the purposes detailed below.
To provide you with a personal service, informing you of any offers and discounts, new suppliers and changes to the Ur-Benefit platform. You will also be contacted from time to time from our suppliers to enhance your service from us. Informing you of special offers and deals, should you so wish.
The basis upon which we will process certain parts of Your Personal Data
We will use special Data and any Criminal Disclosures in the same way as Your Personal Data generally, as set out in this Privacy Notice.
How do we collect Your Personal Data?
We will collect and record Your Personal Data from a variety of sources, but mainly directly from you. You will usually provide information during sign up to the UR-Benefits You will provide information to usually in writing, including email.
What happens to Your Personal Data when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, we will:
• Record and store Your Personal Data on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our firm and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service.
• Use Your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to any supplier, or to inform you of any developments in relation to any supplier discount or benefit.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will only be shared for the purposes set out in this Customer Privacy Notice, i.e. to provide you with our professional services.
Please note that this sharing of Your Personal Data does not entitle such third parties to send you marketing or promotional messages: it is shared to ensure we can adequately fulfil our responsibilities to you, and as otherwise set out in this Customer Privacy Notice.
We do not envisage that the performance by us of our service will involve Your Personal Data being transferred outside of the European Economic Area
Security and retention of Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep Your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard Your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
Your Personal Data will be retained by us either electronically or in paper form for a minimum period of 6 years following the advice/service you receive from us, although your data could be held for a longer period where this may be needed to meet the requirements of our regulatory bodies.
Your rights in relation to Your Personal Data
• request copies of Your Personal Data that is under our control
• ask us to further explain how we use Your Personal Data
• ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using Your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
• ask us to send an electronic copy of Your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
• change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
How to make contact with our Firm in relation to the use of Your Personal Data
If you have any questions or comments about this document, or wish to make contact in order to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact:
Louise Prestwich: Louise@Ur-benefits.co.uk
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action, it in different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of Your Personal Data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own regulatory obligations.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled Your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK's data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.